Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Broken Promises and Bon Iver


Hey everybody! So I know I promised everyone a CES update, but I never actually got around to it. I'm really sorry about that. This blogging thing's a lot harder than I imagined (go figure!).
But do I have a treat for you all:

http://www.scjag.com/mp3/jag/bloodbank.mp3

That, my friends, is the link to where you can listen to Bon Iver's latest track off his upcoming EP.

For those unfamiliar with Bon Iver, allow me to shed a little light. Bon Iver is actually a guy named Justin Vernon. He released his debut album, For Emma Forever Ago, with Jagjaguwar Records on February 19, 2008. I first discovered Bon Iver from a recommendation from my older sister. After listening to Skinny Love one time, I was absolutely enthralled by his voice. There's a certain appeal to the mix of folk guitar and falsetto singing. A perfect album for the bitter cold, it almost feels as though he's singing through the malaise of winter. Could it possibly be that the album was recorded in a cabin in the woods of northern Wisconsin? Or maybe the fact that "bon hiver" means "good winter"? I'm not sure. All I know is that For Emma Forever Ago was one, if not the best, album of 2008 for me. I'm expecting to hear some great stuff in the future from this upcoming artist.

Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment